Personal data means any electronic or other information which alone or jointly with other information can be used to identify a natural person or make him/her identifiable. This Policy explains how Aimoto processes your personal data.
This Policy applies only to Aimoto personal products, including wearable devices, smart household appliances, accessories, computer applications, mobile services, software, toolkits, websites, and services that display or mention this Policy.
This Policy describes:
- 1. How Aimoto Collects and Uses Your Personal Data
- 3. How Aimoto Shares Your Personal Data
- 4. How Aimoto Protects Your Personal Data
- 5. How You Can Manage Your Personal Data
- 6. How Aimoto Protects Children's Personal Data
- 7. Links to Third-Party Websites, Products, and Services
- 8. International Transfers of Your Personal Data
- 9. Updates to This Policy
- 10. How to Contact Us
I. How Aimoto Collects and Uses Your Personal Data
A. Personal Data Collected by Aimoto
Before using Aimoto products or services, you may need to provide personal data. You do not have to provide your personal data to Aimoto, but in some cases, the non-provision of certain personal data will cause the inability to provide you with some related products or services.
Aimoto will collect and use your personal data for the purposes stated in this Policy. Here are some examples of personal data we may collect:
1. Personal data you provide to Aimoto
When you log in with a Aimoto ID to shop online, download software, or purchase services, we will ask you to provide relevant personal data, such as your name, email address, mobile number, order information, shipping address, and payment mode.
Some Aimoto products allow you to communicate and share information with others. When you use a Aimoto product to share things with your family and friends, you may need to create a Aimoto ID that includes certain information which will be made public, including a nickname and avatar. Aimoto may collect information related to those people, such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers. Aimoto will take appropriate and necessary measures to ensure the security of the information that you provide. You must ensure that the people, whose information you provide, have consented to you providing their information to Aimoto.
To meet some jurisdictions' requirements on real-name authentication of accounts, Aimoto might ask you to provide a proof of identity issued by the government or relevant card information that can identify you.
2. Information Aimoto collects in your use of services
Aimoto will collect data about your device and how you and your device exchange information with Aimoto products and services. This type of information includes:
- Device and application information, such as the device name, device identification code (IMEI), device activation time, hardware model, OS version, application version, software identification code, and device and application settings (such as region, language, time zone).
- Mobile network information, such as the public land mobile network (PLMN) provider ID and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Log information. When you use Aimoto services or view Aimoto-provided content, Aimoto will automatically collect and log some information, such as the time of access, access count, IP address, and information about incidents (such as errors, crashes, restarts, and upgrades).
- Location information. Aimoto will collect, use, and process the approximate or precise location of your device when you access some location-based services. Location information can be obtained based on the GPS, WLAN, and service provider network ID.
3. Collection and use of non-identifiable data
Non-identifiable data refers to data that cannot be used to identify an individual. Examples of non-identifiable data include statistics on website visits, application downloads, and product sales volume. Aimoto will collect statistics information to understand how users use our products and services. By doing so, we can improve our services to better meet your requirements.
We keep your personal data and non-identifiable data separate, and use each independently. Circumstances may arise where Aimoto collects, uses, discloses, and transfers non-identifiable data for other purposes at our own discretion.
B. How Aimoto Uses Your Personal Data
Aimoto may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Register and activate Aimoto personal and home products that you have purchased.
- Deliver, activate, and/or verify the products and services you have requested, or perform changes and provide technical support and after-sales services for the foregoing products and services based on your requirements.
- Send OS or application updates and installation notifications to you.
- Provide personalized user experience and content.
- Send you information about products and services you might be interested in, invite you to Aimoto promotional activities and market surveys, or send marketing information to you. If you do not want to receive such information, you can opt out at any time.
- Carry out internal auditing, data analysis, and research; analyze business operation efficiency and measure market shares; and improve Aimoto's products and services.
- Process pursuant to laws and regulations, e.g. tax, authority requests.
- Other purposes within specific services or with your consent.
A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device, and the content of a cookie can be retrieved and read only by the server that created the cookie. Cookies are unique to the browser or mobile application you are using. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters.
Sometimes, Aimoto stores cookies for the purpose of improving user experience, including the following scenarios:
- Technical cookies: Login and verification. When you use a Aimoto ID to log in to a website, the “session-based” cookies ensure that your visit to this site functions as smoothly as possible.
- Statistical cookies. With cookies, Aimoto can collect information about your use of our websites and other applications, either for a single visit (using a session cookie) or for repeated visits (using a persistent cookie).
You can manage or delete cookies at your own preference. For details, visit AboutCookies.org. You can clear all the cookies stored on your computer, and most current web browsers provide the option of blocking cookies. However, blocking cookies will require you to change your user settings every time you visit our website. Find out how to manage cookie settings for your browser here: Internet Explorer > Google Chrome > Mozilla Firefox > Safari > Opera.
B. Web Beacons and Pixel Tags
In addition to cookies, Aimoto and some third parties may also use web beacons and pixel tags on websites. A web beacon is usually an electronic graphic image embedded into a website or email to identify your device cookies when you browse the website or email. Pixel tags allow Aimoto to send emails in a way that is readable to you and find out whether an email is opened.
Aimoto and some third parties use these technologies for various purposes, including analysing service usage (together with cookies) and providing more satisfactory content and advertisements to you. For example, when you receive an email from Aimoto, it may contain a click-through URL which links to a Aimoto web page. If you click the link, Aimoto will track your visit to help us learn about your preferences for products and services and improve our customer service. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list of Aimoto at any time if you do not want to be tracked in this manner.
C. Other Local Storage
Aimoto and some third parties may use other local storage technologies, for example, local shared objects (also called "Flash cookies") and HTML5 local storage, in certain products and services. Similar to cookies, these technologies store information on your device and can record some information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may use different media from cookies. Therefore, you may not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For details about how to disable or delete information contained in Flash cookies, click here.
D. Do Not Track
Many web browsers provide a Do Not Track function that can release Do Not Track requests to websites. Currently, major Internet standardization organizations have not established policies to specify how websites should handle these requests. If you enable Do Not Track in your browser, Aimoto website will respect your selection.
III. How Aimoto Shares Your Personal Data
We do not share personal data with other companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Sharing pursuant to laws and regulations: Aimoto may share your information as required by laws and regulations, for resolving legal disputes, or as required by administrative or judiciary authorities pursuant to law.
- Sharing with Aimoto affiliates: Your information may be shared within Aimoto's affiliates only for explicit, and legitimate purposes, and the sharing is limited only to information required by services.
- Sharing with business partners: Some products and/or services are provided to you directly by our partners. Aimoto also may share your information with them, they may use your information to provide you with products and/or services you request (e.g., products sold by third-party seller through Aimoto’s applications), make predictions about your interests and may provide you with advertisements, promotional materials and other materials.
- Sharing with service providers: Aimoto also may disclose your information to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us. Examples of these service providers include companies that provide hotline services, send email, or provide technical support on behalf of Aimoto. The service providers can use your information only for the purpose of providing services to you on behalf of Aimoto.
In scenarios 2 to 4, Aimoto will ensure that the lawfulness of this sharing and sign stringent non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and/or data processing clauses with the companies, organizations, and individuals with whom personal data is shared, requiring them to comply with this Policy and take appropriate confidentiality and security measures when processing personal data.
IV. How Aimoto Protects Your Personal Data
Aimoto attaches great importance to the security of your personal data and has adopted standard industry practices to protect your personal data and prevent it from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. To this end, Aimoto takes the following measures:
- We take reasonable and feasible measures to ensure that the personal data collected is minimal and relevant to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed. We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Policy and privacy notice of specific product or service.
- We use a range of technologies such as cryptographic technologies to ensure the confidentiality of data in transmission. We implement trusted protection mechanisms to protect data and data storage servers from attacks.
- We deploy access control mechanisms to ensure that only authorized personnel can access your personal data.
- We strictly select business partners and service providers and incorporate personal data protection requirements into commercial contracts, audits, and appraisal activities.
Aimoto is committed to protecting your personal data. Nevertheless, no security measure is perfect and no product, service, website, data transfer, computing system, or network connection is absolutely secure.
If any personal data incident occurs, Aimoto will notify you, pursuant to relevant legal and regulatory requirements, of the basic information about the security incident and its possible impact, measures that Aimoto has taken or will take, suggestions about active defense and risk mitigation, and remedial measures. The notification may take the form of an email, text message, push notification, etc. If it is difficult to notify data subjects one by one, we will take appropriate and effective measures to release a Security Notice.
V. How You Can Manage Your Personal Data
A. Access, rectification, deletion, data portability, restriction of processing, objection to processing.
Legislation in some countries to which Aimoto provides products and services or from where Aimoto processes personal data, provides that data subjects the rights request (hereinafter referred to as "requests") in regards to the accessing, rectifying, deleting or erasure, porting, restricting, and objecting, the processing of related personal data by Aimoto retains.
1. Requesting modes and channels
Data subjects' requests must be submitted in accordance with Aimoto designated privacy channels. The requests are valid even when the requester does not specify the laws on which the requests are based.
Data subjects' requests may be initiated through the official website Aimoto, Knopka911 app or Aimoto Smart app. If a data subject initiates a request via a hotline, email, online customer service, service center, or another channel, we will instruct the data subject to officially raise the request through one of the aforementioned channels to facilitate communication and feedback of progress and results. The dedicated request channels for data subjects are intended to protect data subjects' lawful interests, ensure Aimoto's normal operation, and prevent the right to request from being misused or fraudulently used.
2. Validity of requests
This Policy requires data subjects to:
- Submit requests through dedicated request channels provided by Aimoto (namely, the official website of Aimoto, Knopka911 app or Aimoto Smart app).
- Provide sufficient information for Aimoto to verify their identities (to ensure those who initiate the requests are the data subjects themselves or those authorized by them).
- Ensure that their requests are specific and feasible.
There are some circumstances, provided by laws and regulations, in which Aimoto may not have to comply with the request in full or at all.
B. Consent withdrawal
You can change the authorized personal data collection scope or withdraw your consent without affecting the lawfulness of the processing activities based on the consent and prior to such withdraw.
You can deregister your account. After you deregister your account, we will stop providing products and services, and delete your personal data unless otherwise stipulated by law. Your account cannot be restored after deregistration. You need to register a new Aimoto ID if you want to use related Aimoto products or services again.
VI. How Aimoto Protects Children's Personal Data
For the use of Aimoto products and services by children, we are fully aware of the importance of taking extra preventive measures to protect privacy and security. Aimoto identifies whether data subjects are children based on the age of majority defined by laws of the local countries and regions.
When children's personal data is collected based on the consent of the holders of parental responsibility, we will only use or disclose the information as permitted by law, explicitly consented to by the holders of parental responsibility, or required for protecting the children. Holders of parental responsibility who need to access, modify, or delete the personal data of their children and people under guardianship can contact us via the channels provided in "IV. How Aimoto Protects Your Personal Data."
If Aimoto accidentally collects children's personal data without obtaining consent from provable holders of parental responsibility, Aimoto will delete the information as soon as possible after becoming aware of it.
VII. Links to Third-Party Websites, Products, and Services
Aimoto website, application software, products, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services.
All links to third-party websites, products, and services are provided for users' convenience only. You need to determine your interaction with such links on your own. Before submitting your personal data to third parties, please read and refer to these third parties' privacy policies.
VIII. International Transfers of Your Personal Data
Our products and services are delivered through resources and servers located in different places, to offer our products and services, we may need to transfer your personal data among several countries. Authorized Aimoto personnel and third parties acting on our behalf may access, use and process personal data collected from you in a country/region that is different from the country/region where you entered the personal data, which may have less stringent data protection laws. When we transfer your personal data to other countries/regions, we will protect that the personal data as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected (e.g. via privacy notice or supplementary Policy of specific product or service).
With respect to personal data coming from the EU, we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate safeguards for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We use a variety of legal mechanisms, such as standard contractual clauses to implement the cross-border transfer of your personal data; or implement security measures like anonymisation on the data before the cross border data transfer.
IX. Updates to This Policy
Aimoto reserves the right to update this Policy at any time. Should this Policy be revised from time to time, Aimoto will release the change notice via various channels, for example, posting the latest version on our official website: http://aimoto.tech.
"Major changes" in this Policy include but are not limited to:
- Major changes in our service modes, for example, purposes of personal data processing, types of processed personal data, and ways of using personal data
- Changes in the main objects of personal data sharing, transfer, or disclosure
- Major changes in your rights regarding personal data processing and the ways in which you can enjoy those rights
- Changes of Aimoto departments, contacts, and complaint channels responsible for the security of personal data processing
X. How to Contact Us
We have data protection officer. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please contact us via the Knopka911 app or the Aimoto Smart app.